Tuesday, June 12, 2012


Wow! I am back! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to BLOG on Hayden's Birthday!
I would never be able to blog on each individual gift that Hayden received so this is more of a simple thank you! Opening gifts for Hayden was once again bittersweet. The main reason was the word TOYS. I WISH that Hayden could get a tractor, car, and a swingset. Instead people had to use their imagination. I had thought about donating toys to Batson like we did at 6 months. I then decided that I wanted to VOID the hospital out of his first birthday. I wanted Hayden to be treated like every child in America. Remember the saying Treat others as you would want to be treated?  I am mighty proud to say that Hayden has some creative friends. The first gift that I opened was a card from some dear friends. They had made a slide show to all of Hayden's photos from the year. I cried and cried! Creative and Awesome. Hayden received a football signed by Archie and Eli Manning. He received adorable clothing. He received crosses, angels, frames, albums, books, paintings, gift cards, money, pediasure and the list goes on. We are so proud that our friends made his birthday perfect. Thank you for giving us a lot of smiles. Thank you for helping us make his first birthday a special memory.

WooHOO Diapers:)

I am thinking of hanging this above his bed and redoing his bedroom!

He even received creative outfits that matched his birthday theme. This outfit made me so excited that I changed him during the party:)
 He received many inspirational verses. He loves his bean bag chair from Aunt Meg too:) He is relaxing:)
 He has a wardrobe FULL of adorable new clothes:) Mommy loves her stylish little angel:)

Hayden also received many cards in the mail. He LOVES getting mail. ENCOURAGEMENT is the way  to staying strong. Hayden received over 50 cards during his birthday week! He even received some extra ordinary gifts. Hayden has an angel friend  watching over him in heaven. She asked her mommy to give Hayden a gift card to red leaf  for deer handprints. We are going to do our deer handprints Thursday. Thank you Landry for caring so much for our angel! I would love to blog on the 60 plus gift he got. Unfortunately, I'd never be able to say enough great things about everything.

I had an Elementary friend named Mary Beth. She has followed Hayden's blog. She went through the trouble of getting Hayden an autographed shirt, ball, and cardinal mascot. WHAT an awesome birthday surprise! Hayden was so excited! I am going to frame his shirt. We will have a wall of autographs for Hayden in his "big boy" room. Mitchell Boggs #41 from the St. Louis Cardinals has a new number one fan! I am sure to him its nothing more than a signature. To our family, its so much more. His signature is a memory, a precious smile, and an experience. We are so thankful for his simple signature. We are so thankful for Mary Beth's creativity! We love the fact of allowing Hayden the opportunity to experience more in a few  years than many kids do in a lifetime. How many one year olds have Eli Manning and Mitchell Boggs autograph??? Hmmm.... We might have to take him to a football and baseball game instead of the beach :)

An autograph is nothing more than a signature to a famous person or an athlete. An autograph to a parent of a terminally ill child is tears, smiles, and memories. I am so thankful for these awesome people!

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


One of the worse parts of Hayden's disease is that I have nobody to talk to. It is so rare that finding somebody living with it is few and far between. HEARTBREAKING. Well until my blog ended up on Christine's computer screen. She has been such a rock to me! Bethany and Christine sent Hayden this book!

Do you believe in Miracles? Do you believe in angels? Do you believe in HOPE? Do you believe in teaching your children life lessons? If you answer YES to these questions, I'd recommend ordering this book. Thank you Christine for a simple reminder of why I will NOT give up on Hayden. Thank you Christine for reminding me that I HAVE HOPE FOR HAYDEN!






No comments:

Post a Comment