Monday, January 23, 2012

OUR RECENT TRIP TO BATSON


Have you ever heard the saying, “CHERISH EACH MOMENT LIKE IT IS YOUR LAST?” Last Sunday, reminded me of why we must continue to stay strong for Hayden. We must overcome our fears and keep living a great life. I was so excited about having our family up for Brent’s birthday dinner. Hayden could sing, “Happy Birthday Daddy.” As I sat him in his chair, I walked to the kitchen to place the lasagna in the oven. I heard Hayden “hiccup” also known as the start of a seizure. I immediately stopped what I was doing to check on him. This “seizure” was different than every seizure in the past. He was unresponsive. I immediately picked up my phone to call Brent. I am pretty sure all I could do was scream help, grab my shoes, and meet him in the drive way. As we rushed to Greenville, I realized something was seriously wrong. Hayden would not respond to us. He was completely limp. Brent asked me if I had the Diastat (used as an emergency drug to stop the seizures). My answer was NO. I was in such a panic leaving the house that I had not grabbed anything but Hayden and shoes. After getting to DRMC, they placed him on oxygen and immediately started sticking him. All I could do was sit down to cry and pray. How could this happen to our angel? I was so angry because none of this is fair. After what seemed like 25 plus seizures, they gave Hayden something to stop the seizures (Ativan). Ativan should stop the seizures around 30 seconds after being administered. Hayden’s seizure did not stop for approximately 30 minutes later. At this point, we were being loaded into an ambulance to head to Blair Batson. Brent would follow in the car behind us. We hit a deer on the way to Jackson. How many people have the luck that we do? On the bright side, it did add a little humor to all of the heartache.

I must say that our doctors are awesome. How many doctors do you know that would wait until their patient got to the emergency room at one in the morning? Well Dr. Davis was leaving the hospital that night. He glanced at the board to see an ASLD patient from Greenville was on the way. He was so kind to stick around. He informed us that Hayden had not had 25 seizures more like one seizure that lasted 3 hours. He would check us in for observations and release us the next morning.

The next morning the nurse took Hayden’s temperature. Hayden’s temperature was 102.2. They became alarmed. They took over 45 minutes to draw blood. The seizure medicines cause blood drawing to be extremely challenging. We waited for a variety of test to come back. They summed up his problem as a viral infection. After 48 hours of rocephin, we were going home.

 Hayden is my everything! I am so in love with this precious angel. The only thing that would make this picture better is if we were playing instead of being lazy in the hospital bed.
 He truely loves looking into his Nana's soul. He is telling her to stay strong!
 When you spend four days in the hospital, you must find a little bit of entertainment. Hayden did not appreciate it.
 Mommy requested a big bed. It was perfect for bonding time. Hayden and Daddy enjoyed a movie on the IPAD followed by a nap.
This picture should make everyone want to donate to the childrens hospital! Everytime we have stayed a visitor has been there! Thank you "CAPTAIN CATFISH" for turning our frowns into smiles!


WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS MORE THAN EVER! This has by far been the most difficult week of our life. The seizures are in FULL FORCE. The medicine has him wide awake and crying, crying, and crying a little more. I am sure his body is very sore and exhausted. A seizure is like running a marathon. Hayden is having 10- 20 seizures a day. He should be exhausted. Instead of sleeping, he is staying wide awake. Please pray that he can find rest and peace. Lack of sleep is causing him to have more seizures also. We are trying Motrin and Tylenol to help with his soreness. He is our earth angel. He is a sweet angel that does not deserve all this pain. We are all mentally and physically exhausted. It hurts to see your child in pain. Each day I am losing strength. We will continue to lean on our faith to help us stay strong for Hayden Brent.

“I will cover you with my hands and protect you.” Isaiah 51:16b
Fear and worry are never necessary when you walk beside our Heavenly Father. He has promised to cover you, to protect you from harm. He will not leave you comfortless, and He will always come to you with words of hope and mercy. When you are hurt, His goal is not to break you, but to teach you and draw you close to Him in times of heartache and extreme pressure.

1 comment:

  1. Bless his soul for having to experience even one ounce of this. You and your family are true idols and make me realize the true meaning of cherish what you have. I am Praying for you and your family and for the Lord to bless you with a dr's miracle of healing Hayden.

    ReplyDelete