Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A SPECIAL THANK YOU (Will sum everything up and get our blog up to date)

I must say I am overwhelmed at all of the love that Brent and I have received! Sometimes people can just totally shock you with their kindness. Brent and I have received numerous calls, text messages, emails, etc. I can honestly say that the uplifting words of others are the main thing that keeps us going. I can say that we have some awesome friends. Often in public, I feel like I get the “I feel sorry for you” stares. It’s a terrible feeling. Often I try to forget the names of the people that have just “pretended like nothing is wrong”   Things are not normal and never will be normal. We have to continue walking forward, face reality, and keep on loving our earth angel.  We have received letters from churches, strangers, high school friends and many more. Deer Creek recently did a “penny wars” for Hayden and another ill child. They raised a thousand dollars for each child in one week. We were welcomed home with posters from a family that we dearly love. We have been given flowers, plants, balloons, cards, snack baskets and many more things by people we hardly know. We have had numerous visitors. We have had two “strangers” become friends as they have offered to take free photos of Hayden so that we can have these memories for the rest of our lifetime. One took pictures of my entire family a few months back. The other will be taking pictures Friday of just Hayden. I will be sure to post.  We have had preachers come to Batson to pray with Hayden. We have had many meals provided by our friends. Hayden has been asked to be a part of Batson’s miracle children and radiothon next month. During my weakest moment, I’ve had a mother message me that just lost her son to seizures. She seemed so strong and at peace. She helped me gain strength again. All of these things are overwhelming experiences that have kept us going.

I have been told that one day I will know the reason for this heartache. I feel that we are already a better person because of this heartache. All I want to do is GIVE TO THE CHILDREN IN NEED! Did you realize that children actually live in the hospitals? Children call a hospital their home. How depressing is this! We often take life for granted. We complain about the simple things in life. We stress about things that do not matter. For Hayden’s six month birthday, we decided to celebrate his life! Did he need gifts? Absolutely not! He is already spoiled and blessed. It is time to give back to others that are in need. Hayden’s entire support group gathered to celebrate and wrap gifts for three angel families and the third floor of our states ONLY children hospital! The children need activities and toys when they are stuck in the depressing hospital! If your child had to go to Blair Batson, would you want them to bring toys into the room for him/her to play with? We felt so good to give back to these children. We will definitely continue giving to our hospital. After all we are blessed to have the opportunity to give to others so we should all take advantage of it! My next goal is to start collecting movies, books, etc. for the four children that actually call Batson their home. They are paralyzed for the neck down. One of the saddest things I’ve heard in a while. I am sure they love watching movies and doing things to keep their mind off of all of their sadness. If you would like to give to Batson, please message me! I can put you in contact with Amanda Alliston. I promise you it will make your heart feel great!
·         Life is a gift; a gift from God. When you complain, you are essentially slapping God in the face. You may not see that what you say is being that big of a deal. But it is. Everyone has something to be grateful for in life. SOMETHING. Whether it be the sun shining today after the storm, or simply the gift of health.

Instead of choosing to let negativity take a foothold on your life, catch yourself and ask yourself, "What do I have to be thankful for today?" Life is harsh, cold, cruel, confusing, painful; all of the above. But it can also be much more.

Next time you want to complain, why don't you read this. You will quickly learn the true meaning of being positive, the true meaning of being faithful, the true meaning of being a Christian.
If you have any friends or family that are going through a hard time do not turn you back on them just because you don’t know what to say. I can promise you it means more than you could ever imagine. Remember you could be in their shoes of needing support yourself one day.

 Thank you to my friends and family who are walking side by side in this terrible journey! With you all things are possible, without you nothing would be possible!
Thank you Deer Creek Student Body! For a small school, yall sure come together in a time of need!
 Thank you to the many friends and family members that have sent balloons and other items to lift our spirits when Hayden has been fighting his fight!
 Thank you to "Haydens Support Group" for helping us gather toys to donate to Batson for Christmas! The cars have already been "stolen" ( Two little boys have parked them in their room) How sweet is that???
 Thank you Ashley Frazier! Your cakes are always unique and wonderful!
 Thank you to everyone for helping celebrate Haydens wonderful six months of life! It was great!
 Thank you to "Aunt Whitney" Hayden loves you so much! You keep him styling in cute clothes!
 Thank you to everyone who supports Batson. These types of suprises really brighten our day! Go BULLDOGS!
 Thank you to our second family for my first riffle! I cant wait to shoot it "AUNT LISA" Chloe and Amo have it right--- OUR LITTLE WARRIOR!

"Uncle Todd" would defintely be the one to give Hayden his first cowbell! Thank yall for all your visits to Batson and our home! We love yall!

 Thank you Aunt Kelli and Uncle C--- yall were there when I got my first EEG and you have been there everyday since! We love yall!
 A great way to spend 35 dollars and donate it to Hayden's hospital! We love our doctors and friends at Batson!
 Thank you Mrs. Cindy for taking amazing pictures that we will treasure for a lifetime! We are so blessed to have met such an awesome photographer who prayers daily for our angel! Thank you to our parents and grandparents for being our backbone!
 Brent and I are blessed beyond measures! Thank you lord for this angel!
 Thank you to our family for all the support! Hayden loves his cousin "chi chi"
 I had to add a picture with my two favorite girls! Thank you Josh and Lisa for loving Hayden like your own and allowing us the opportunity to love your girls like our own.
 Thank you to Mrs. Dana and the fam! Man oh Man you are awesome! You always know how to brighten our day whether its posters, cards, or messages! You are amazing! Simply amazing!
 Thank you to our parents for loving Hayden unconditionally, for the many days off work, the many visits and the list continues.
Thank you "Miss Holly" for coming to see me every weekend! You always bring me the best surprises!
For the MANNYYY people I left out--- Yall are all awesome! Brent and I would not be able to get out of the bed each day if it was not for such an awesome support group! We are so blessed to have such awesome family and friends!

4 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see some pics and see that you have started a blog to keep us updated. I found the blog to be an incredibly helpful tool during this journey. I will continue to pray for you all.

    Love,
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOlene--- if it was not for YOU i would not know what to expect with our ASLD angels. Thank you for the FOR WARNINGS That i did NOT what to hear. They prepared me for the 30 seizures a day etc. We pray for you often as I know you miss both of your angels but its a great feeling to know that they do not have seizures in heaven!

      Delete
  2. Lauren, you are so right about the sadness of those children "living" at Batson. I never even thought about it until last Tuesday when we visited....it will just about knock you down to think about those children! The little girl in the room next door to where Hayden's room was, was so friendly and talkative; she even introduced her pet fish to us! I can't even imagine how lonely those little ones get for their families! Even harder still would be to imagine having to leave your child there!! I am praying for little Hayden and you and Brent and I know God has a giant plan for Hayden's life! God Bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,

    This is Dan..your cousin Linda's husband up in Wisconsin. I want you to know that every day, you and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers. Linda and I have often wondered what we could do to help as we know that things have been difficult at times. We've seen how you and your family have reacted and grown in your faith and are forever thankful for the example that you have given all of us for how to deal with the most difficult of life's challenges. Every minute of every day is precious and this is a lesson which we have all learned. We are trying to get down to visit all of you in late February to spend some of that precious time with all of you. Linda will be talking with your Mom and Grandmom to try to schedule a time for our visit. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete