Monday, April 9, 2012

Batson trip 6/surgery

Hey friends! Brent and I have had so many messages, calls and text messages today. We appreciate it so much! Your encouragement is what helps us! I promise you even If we can't find time to respond- its because we are busy! I am typing from an iPhone so just a quick and simple update :). Hayden went into surgery at 10. Surgery lasted two hours! What a blessing that his surgery nurse was Lindsay Nichols from Greenville. Wow a huge relief! I was so scared to hand Hayden over to a stranger. Luckily I felt confident to hand him over to her. Hayden is in a good bit of pain. He is having some "wicked" and increased seizures. We have already used the diastat. Unfortunately, they are still full force, wicked, and scary. Thank you to my friends josh, Lisa, and Whitney for helping get us through those 2 hours of surgery! Thanks to laura arnold, calvin and abby for stopping by. Thanks to my college roommate for the surprise pizza! Thanks to the oakes family for the big bunny ( using as my pillow) and donating the movies and wagon to batson :) Most importantly thanks for everyone's prayers. Hayden will have a painful few weeks. We are prepared for the fight. We are going to try to rest tonight. (air mattress style ). Mom is here to help us tomorrow. Mrs Angie will come later this week. We are incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment