Thursday, August 30, 2012

2 weeks

Well, yes I know that it has been awhile since I blogged. How are we?  I know that this is the main question each of you are asking in your mind. Well let me figure out the easiest way to answer this. In the past 14 months, we learned to grow up a tremendous amount. Well, in the past 2 weeks, we have learned to grow up a substantial amount. Would we trade this journey with anyone? Absolutely not. We loved each and every moment of our walk with an Earth Angel!

The past two weeks have been like a rollercoaster. We have had good moments followed by bad moments. We have tried living a normal life. We have been surrounding ourselves around caring friends. Our friends that truly care are still walking this journey with us. We have been surrounded by a substantial amount of love and support.

Today marks two weeks seizure free. Yes, this is bittersweet. We are so thankful for the love Hayden brought into our family. We might not have a baby sitting in the backseat of our Acadia anymore but in our hearts he will always be there! We are so thankful that Hayden is pain free. I feel like every Wednesday and Thursday will be difficult. You see we have to think about the last journey to Batson! Yes, Hayden passed into the Heavens peacefully. No, it was not a joy to turn our little boy loose. I do understand that God is Hayden’s number one. The hardest part is letting go.

I can not begin to imagine this journey without our family and friends. I called each and every day of Hayden’s life to our family members first thing in the morning. I would let them know how Hayden was doing. I would send videos. Yes, this was part of our Hayden journey. I am so thankful that my mommy has continued this journey. She calls each of us every morning. She checks on us. She is making sure we are busy. Hayden was always her top priority and now we are. You see this is awesome because it shows the family love. Our friends have shared stories about Hayden. One friend even dreamed about being on the beach talking to him only hours before Hayden’s passing. You see, so many people are caring about us as we travel through the grieving process. I have learned to only worry about the ones that care. I have learned to continue to carry on Hayden’s legacy. I cannot begin to tell you the amount of strangers that send messages daily of encouragement! I mean we are so BLESSED! WE are so THANKFUL!

 I would not trade our life with the world. We are so thankful that God chose us to travel this journey. Hayden is flying high looking over us. We will visit the cemetery daily. We love all the gifts that have been placed out there. We love that our friends have sent in donations to Batson. We are thankful for the calls, messages, and encouragement. Some days are goods. Some days are terrible. We are thankful for the friends that choose to sit by our side on the good and bad days with complete understanding.

I have a special Hayden reminder on my wrist 24-7. You see have you ever heard me talk about Blair Batson? Yes, I know the answer is YES! They ROCK our world. You see so many people at Batson have hearts of Gold. Does this mean just Doctors? NO! All the staff of Batson. I formed a special relationship with a Child Life coordinator named Amanda. She has a heart overflowing with Gold. She has a child named Hayden. On many occasions, we would swap Hayden stories. The day of Hayden’s funeral was another day for Amanda encouragement. She showed up with her awesome, loving, positive, and caring attitude. She handed me her Hayden bracelet off of her wrist. She informed me that she wanted me to have it. I generously took it. Every time, I look at my “Hayden” bracelet, I think about my Earth Angel, the loving staff of Batson, and the sick kids all over the world. I am so thankful for people like Amanda in our life. They are the ones that loved Hayden for who he was. She loved Hayden for his achievements. She loved us for our decisions. She is another reason why Blair Batson rocks!


We are nowhere near the end of the grieving process. Each day is hurting more and more. We are sad. We are hurting. We are continuing to thank God for the 14 months with Hayden. We are grieving as month 15 approaches. We lived life with no regrets. WE lived life making each moment special. I am so thankful for the path we chose. I know that the rollercoaster will continue. Thank you for your faithful words of love and encouragement as we are at the beginning of a long recovery process.

HOPE FOR HAYDEN is now complete as he is walking, dancing, and hitting home runs out of the park! Thank you GOD for COMPLETE HEALING!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren- he was such a beautiful boy and touched so many lives. I am thinking of you and of your family. I wish you strength and love xxx

    ReplyDelete