Sunday, August 26, 2012

The last of the service notes:
Today we celebrate the life of Hayden Brent Casavechia.  Hayden was born June 1, 2011 and went home to the Lord on August 16, 2012.

Hayden is survived by his parents Brent & Lauren Casevechia.  Grandparents Paul & Donna Steinle, Bobby & Angie Casavechia.  Great Grandparents: Wendell & Patricia Mitchell

Great Grandmother:  Lela Myrtle Watkins and husband Jack

Uncles: Jacob and Andrew Steinle

Aunt and Uncle: Robby and Megan Casavechia and their son Vincenzo  And a host of extended family.

A Life of HOPE

Not too long ago I got this blue bracelet.  I am so glad I did.  If you are wearing a bracelet or have one, please raise your hand.  Like many of you here today I knew this family, heard about the disease, followed updates on the internet.

Now, we are all part of Team Hayden, each one here.  But personally, when I got this bracelet I was reminded so often of being on Team Hayden. Being part of Team Hayden is important, because we all had a role.  We all played a role by sending a message, giving a call, telling his story, stopping by to make a visit, praying consistently. 

Somewhere along the way something unique took place. Hayden's story became part of our story!  Our story as a community, our story as a church, our story of HOPE.

We'd see this bracelet each morning and say a prayer.  We'd log on to check Facebook and see this bracelet.  I wore this bracelet to the SBC in New Orleans and shared the story with my friends there.  I wore this bracelet to El Salvador on a mission trip and remembered to pray for Hayden there.  Many of you have a similar experience.  You've worn your bracelet to many places, shared it with many people, remembered to pray at specific times.  You and I joined in this story of Hope; Hope for Hayden.  

Hope is a definitive characteristic of this life.  When we cannot grasp the circumstances of we face, we can cling to hope.  

 
So today, as Hayden is sitting in the lap of Jesus, we have all been impacted by his life of Hope.  He taught us to hope for another day, hope for another week, hope for another month, hope for a year of life.  We can celebrate the life of Hayden Brent Cassevechia because his story became our story and through this we learned more about what hope really means.
Today, I am proud to be a part of Team Hayden along with each one of you here.  I am also proud to celebrate his life with you today.  Because through Hayden we all understand more about Hope.
Well, I must admit I am so thankful that a friend took the pictures of the balloon releasing at Hayden’s burial. We had half for my family, half for his family, and 14 balloons (representing the 14 months) plus one that was only half blown up with the words Hayden written on it. It was raining. Remembering, what if Blessings come through rain drops? One of Hayden’s many signs that he was extra close to us during this celebration of his life. The balloons were not too successful until I look at the following pictures. The only one that shot directly into the heavens was the one that had Hayden’s name on it. I believe this is another sign of his presence. As Brent and I released our balloons, we giggled as the “Hayden” balloon flew high into the sky. Whereas, the other 14 went straight into the tree above his grave. See this is another Hayden sign, I believe he was watching over us for the first few visits to the cemetery. HMMM… I LOVE MY LITTLE BOY!  





Oh and I do not think that I have ever mentioned how thankful I am for the conversations with new friends I have made. The friends that are mothers of angels with wings. They are the only type of people that truly understand. I am so thankful for the ability to have somebody truly understand what it is like. Life goes on for everyone else. Mothers and Fathers of angels have a bond that nobody can imagine. We actually know how it feels to grieve from being a parent with a kid in the car seat etc to being a “newlywed” again. I am so thankful for each of you awesome FRIENDS! Your words have kept us going!

No comments:

Post a Comment